There are many reasons why we love our pool and spa, but the biggest reason is because of all the great health benefits. From swimming in your pool to relaxing in your hot tub, not only does it make you feel great, it’s also helping your body in ways you may not know.
During this difficult time of not being able to see family and friends, it's important we all focus on our mental health and wellbeing. For today's #WellnessWednesday, we think now is a great time to list some of the biggest benefits to both swimming and relaxing in a hot tub.
Health benefits TO SWIMMING:
- Swimming keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- It builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness (you’ll be toned in no time!)
- Swimming helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and healthy lungs – it basically keeps you healthy & in fine shape!
- It provides you with an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
Not only does swimming keep you fit and healthy, there are also many other benefits:
- Swimming alleviates stress
- It improves coordination, flexibility, balance and posture
- It provides a good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
- Swimming's a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day
Health benefits to RELAXING IN A HOT TUB:
- Soaking in a hot tub 2-3 hours before bedtime makes it easier for you to fall asleep and helps you achieve a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
- Stress is a silent killer in our overworked culture. The resulting muscle tension, headaches, soreness and fatigue, which can continue over time, can lead to serious health problems. Not only does a spa’s buoyancy ease pressure on joints and muscles, the mood elevation and the natural relaxation response is a priceless way to improve your health.
- Soaking in a hot tub is a soothing relief for numerous pains such as back pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- It promotes healthier, younger looking skin. When you’re experiencing increased circulation in the hot tub, your blood is more efficiently delivering vital oxygen and nutrients to your skin – giving you a healthy, youthful glow.
So if you didn’t already have some great reasons to jump in your pool or relax in your hot tub, now you do.
Here’s to staying healthy and focusing on our mental health and wellbeing as we navigate this pandemic.